At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Sales manager Belgium & Luxembourg Capture Lead, based in Brussels.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
- Coordination of all sales activity within the country
- Build the country commercial strategy and sales plan in collaboration with European Business Development Directors (BDD) and country General Manager (GM).
- Develop and maintain extensive relationships within the company, the customer community, and industry (both teammates and competitors) to better understand, identify, qualify, and coordinate opportunities in the market place and environment.
- Lead regular competitor analysis in Belgian market to proactively identify key threats and opportunities and understand the impact on our ambitions. Ensure accurate competitive and market research is identified to provide the information necessary to advantage Serco over those competitors. Use this competitive analysis for proposal pricing to support a Price-to-Win, Score-to-win and a Design-to-Cost approach to new business opportunities that will enable the contract wins.
- Engage in the development of a network of senior relationships with customers, potential customers in order to develop long-term profitable growth.
- Ensure best practice policies, processes, and procedures are in used in bids.
- Collaborate with BDD teams to drive capture management activities to win large competitive procurements by proactive deal shaping and influence, developing differentiated solutions, and competitive pricing.
- Collaborate with BDD to understand and analyse unsuccessful bid activity and ensure this inputs into future proposition development.
- Support the BDD in developing and building a long-term and sustainable bid pipeline to ensure growth targets are achieved.
- Lead and encourage joint activities within Europe on bids to maximize resource to win cross-organisational opportunities.
- Understand Serco’s capabilities and assesses them against customer requirements / needs, identifying gaps and implementing individual capture strategies to close the deal efficiently as well as reviewing and providing routine feedback on the status of pipeline top capture pursuits to executive leadership.
- Create a commercial awareness (by training, coaching,…) within the Contract Manager population to maximise extension possibilities on existing contracts.
- Responsible for the recurrent sales/funnel reporting
- Representation of Serco in all relevant professional associations.
- Organisation of sales events and fairs.
- Good knowledge of Belgian public sector market.
- Interact with confidence and has experience of operating at executive level.
- Has a strong track record of sales to achieve successful outcomes.
- Experience of working with business development, bidding and large teams with demonstrated successful leadership of sales and business development.
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills
- Strong communication skills to include interpersonal, written, staff level, presentational and executive level business briefings.
- Good analytical skills with the ability to assimilate information quickly, cut through to determine resolution, communicate key messages simply and effectively to the business to aid strategic planning and to oversee activities to successful conclusion as required.
- Strongly values with good judgement and decision making skills.
- Commercially astute and financially aware with proven strategy development and execution capability.
- English, French and Dutch
- Strong customer intimacy
- Proven success in capturing highly complex, large opportunities.
- Minimum of 10 years of business development experience working with public sector clients.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
About the company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Excellent Salary + Corporate Benefits