Our client is a main provider of software developing services in the transport industry, based in Brussels with offices close to a main railway station.
Job Description :
You will operate form within our clients’ BI & Analytics team as an Application Analyst dedicated to one of the several domains for which we are looking for candidates : Finance, HR, Supply Chain, Marketing & Sales, Transport, and Maintenance. In order to fit this position, you will combine the roles of Application Owner, Product Owner and Functional Analyst.
- You will map the business needs with regard to the reports and dashboards for the domain for which you are responsible, and you will document that reports and dashboards;
- You will have regular contact with various departments and their directors;
- You will translate business needs related to the domain for which you are responsible into concrete functional specifications for specific reporting purposes;
- You will provide input and give proposals regarding reporting techniques to the business, through mock-ups, POCs and best practices;
- You will validate the reports and dashboards developed by an internal or external developer;
- You will document the solutions and will keep this documentation up-to-date;
- You will regularly coordinate with users, suppliers and other stakeholders to be able to prepare and manage the necessary roadmaps (improvements, bugs, incidents);
- As an expert on the application(s), reports and dashboards that you manage, you will be the point of contact for colleagues and business stakeholders;
- You will monitor consistency with existing business and solution architecture at all times and, if necessary, consult with Enterprise, System and Solution Architects;
- You will participate in the development of test scenarios, functional testing and data cleaning.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in a similar position : Application Owner, Functional Analyst, etc;
- You have more than adequate knowledge of the domain you will be responsible for (see above) and you are willing to evolve with the changing legislation;
- You have knowledge of and experience with Agile Scrum;
- You have thorough knowledge of and proven experience with reporting tools such as SAP BW, SAP BW4 / H, Webi, BO, PowerBi, …;
- You have knowledge of various analysis techniques : use cases, drafting scenarios, ...
- You are fluent in bilingual NL / FR, both written and oral. You have at least a passive knowledge of English, being fluent also in English is a plus;
- You have good communicative skills;
- You are methodical, accurate and you have sense of detail;
- You are proactive, strongly problem-solving and practice-oriented, and well organized.
- A challenging job in a fast growing and dynamic IT organization located close to one of the main railway stations in Brussel;
- An employer with a clear social benefit and a well-defined strategy;
- An intellectual challenge, including the possibility to follow relevant training courses, both internally and externally;
- A competitive salary package included several fringe benefits such as a company car together with public transport facilities, group- & health insurance, etc.;
- A healthy work-life balance, included 1 day of homeworking / week.