Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
Contract Details: Permanent or Freelance
The Emergency Response Coordination Centre (ERCC) is required to be accessible and able to react immediately 24 hours a day to serve the Member States and the Commission for the purposes of Humanitarian Aid and the Civil Protection Mechanism.
• Work in shifts of 12 hour shifts with day- and night shifts including week-ends, holiday periods and public holidays to staff the round-the-clock duty office in the Emergency Response Centre in Brussels.
Nature of the tasks:
• Participate in the set-up of systems and procedures
• Support the ERCC's emergency management functions, in particular
• Proximity support providing support at the Commission's premises on a 24/7 basis (intra-muros).
• Draft technical content for knowledge database
• E-mail management.
• Document operational support procedures
• Administration and problem fixing of local environment (e.g . ERCC monitoring and alert systems, ERCC equipment, including video-walls, AV, TV, world clocks, Common Emergency Communication and Information System, screens...) • Advise in areas such as capacity management, contingency planning, IT service continuity management, automation of repetitive tasks, security
• Participation in coordination and project meetings
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge and skills:
• Proven knowledge in end user assistance or support of information systems
• Excellent communication / writing skills.
• Capability of integration in an international/multicultural environment, rapid self-starting capability and experience in team working.
• Ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings
• Able to use the office automation tools used in the Commission (MS-Office)
Education and Experience:
• Minimum 3 years of relevant studies and experience after the secondary school
• Professional experience of crisis management, the military, paramedics, security services, United Nations, Red Cross or non-governmental humanitarian organisations, civil protection entities including fire services.
• Working in a foreign-language environment.
• Working in a foreign country, not speaking your mother tongue as a main operating language.
• Team player with appropriate social and communication skills.
• Experience in technical studies to support the development of IT-based early warning and monitoring tools for natural disasters, including a technical analysis and evaluation on the current events retrieved by the systems, requiring a good understanding of natural disasters events and a very good knowledge of English, spoken and written (French an extra asset).
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
About The Company
Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you.